Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Yes, I realize this has nothing to do with global political economy, but as a father of three grade school age (and younger) children, I consider it profoundly newsworthy. Plus it shows the importance of 'fan' web sites (too bad WizardNews.com isn't a blog!).
The sixth book in the popular Harry Potter series will be titled "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," the books' author J.K. Rowling has announced.

Rowling made the announcement on her Web site, JKRowling.com, although it took some knowledge of her site by dedicated fans to reveal the title. The path to find the title was explained on a fan's site, WizardNews.com, and was confirmed Tuesday by her literary agent, Christopher Little Agency, which was reached in London by CNN/Money. . . .

On her site's main "Daily News" page Rowling wrote, "Well the door opened at last and I showed you the title of book six -- the genuine title, the title that will appear on the published book, the title I have been using in my head for ages and ages."
Having been to Rowling's official site and having seen the door behind which lay the secret title, I have no idea how some fan cracked that sucker open. I couldn't even click on the stupid bugs running across the screen.

UPDATE: Per Rowling: "There was never anything meaningful behind the door until the 'Do Not Disturb' sign came off!" Well, I don't feel so bad anymore. Now if I can only grab that damned butterfly . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home